Please note: the Trust will only fund projects in the Operating Area which is defined as St Andrews and the area covered by the contiguous Community Councils. We are unlikely to fund the following: travel, productions that are out with the Operating Area, salaries or multi-year projects that require us to commit money for future allocation. Furthermore, we are unlikely to fund events that are aimed at raising money to give to another charity – we would prefer to consider giving money directly to the benefiting charity.
The objects of the Trust are:
- 1. To advance citizenship, community development and regeneration within the Operating Area. The Operating Area being the area of the Royal Burgh of St Andrews Community Council and those contiguous community council areas surrounding St Andrews.
- 2. To promote civic responsibility, volunteering, the voluntary sector and/or the effectiveness or efficiency of charities.
- 3. To advance environmental protection and/or improvement within the Operating Area and in particular through:-
- 3.1. the provision, maintenance and/or improvement of public parks, public open space and other public amenities and other environmental and regeneration projects; and
- 3.2. encouraging the more efficient use of the world's resources, and in particular the use of more sustainable forms of transport and greater use of renewable energy sources so as (i) to minimise the proliferation of mines, wells and other extraction facilities which degrade the natural environment and (ii) to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and thus avoid the damage to the natural environment caused by global warming.
- 4. To advance health and well-being, particularly among the residents of the Operating Area.
- 5. To relieve those who are in need by reason of age, ill health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage.
- 6. To advance education, particularly among the residents of the Operating Area.
- 7. To advance heritage, particularly among residents of the Operating Area, including through:-
- 7.1. the promotion of projects increasing public knowledge of the history of St Andrews; and
- 7.2. preserving, for the benefit of the general public, the historical, architectural and constructional heritage that may exist in and around the Operating Area in buildings (including any structure or erection and any part of a building as so defined) of particular beauty or historical, architectural or constructional interest.
- 8. To promote research, surveys, and feasibility studies designed to investigate possible approaches to furthering any of the previously listed objectives.
- 9. To promote, operate, establish and/or support other similar projects and programmes which further charitable purposes particularly for the benefit of residents of the Operating Area.